Business Development Director
For 10 years, we’ve been creating innovative marketing experiences, producing high-impact events and aligning brand and youth. TRIBU is a Montreal-based experience creation agency: event production, content creation & amplification. We create connections fueled by passion.
The Business Development Director is autonomous, motivated to develop new business relationships. Results-oriented, his/her main mandate is the strategic development of new business opportunities and to follow up with the team in order to develop projects in a collaborative manner.
- Develop new markets and identify new business opportunities;
- Develop business in the sale of brand activation, custom events and video production, locally and internationally;
- Proactively develop potential client accounts by building strong business relationships;
- Create and organize opportunities for meetings and discussions that highlight Tribu services;
- Evaluate the impact of the competition and identify ways to break into new markets;
- Share the new client’s brief with Tribu through internal brainstorming to create and deliver a pitch aligned with the client’s needs;
- Ensure the evolution of client files from status updates, tools, invoicing to the signature of the final agreement;
- Actively participate in the achievement of sales and profit objectives established jointly with the President/CEO of Tribu;
- Ensure the internal follow-up of deliverables and the concordance between the sale and the execution;
- Follow up on the progress of the project with the Project Owner and the client through initiatives such as mid-term meetings;
- Ensure delivery of the project to the client’s site;
- Participate in the drafting of the internal post-mortem and with the client by exploring potential projects;
- Follow-up with the accounting technician on payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, management or any other related field;
- 3 to 5 years experience in business development;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite;
- Knowledge of Hubspot an asset;
- Ability to communicate fluently in French and English, both orally and in written;
- Strong understanding of experiential marketing and events;
- Network of potential clients an asset;
- Experience in sponsorship and partnership sales an asset.
YOU ARE ALSO KNOWN FOR
- Good knowledge of the world of event production, content marketing, and experiential marketing trends;
- Knowledge of destination marketing an asset;
- Ability to meet and exceed sales targets;
- Willingness to make business development calls and close sales;
- Demonstrate vision, imagination and creativity;
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation, sales representation and interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to seize opportunities as they arise and to demonstrate perseverance;
- Strong ability to identify business opportunities, develop strategies and negotiate creative solutions;
- Flexibility for business travel in Canada or abroad.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Full time permanent position 40 hours/week starting anytime
- Flexibility to work from home
- Employer-paid marketing training (HUBSPOT)
- Friendly environment with room for growth
- Unlimited access to coffee machine, GURU fridge & great rooftop terrace in summer
- Administrative office in co-sharing space on the Plateau Mont-Royal
- Chalets every year, and team adventures as often as possible.
Wanna join Tribu crew ? Please send your application by email to [email protected]